Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Test Results...

So I went in to the doctors again today and was finally given my test results regarding my thyroid...I'm a little confused but I guess they came back okay. Ultrasound came back okay (I sure did a good job freaking myself out about that!).. FT3 was 3.3pg/ml (normal being 2.5-3.9) & TSI 47% (normal 0-139)... So now I'm left wondering why they ran all those tests in the first place and just started referring to my condition as "hyperthyroid" when my TSH was just 0.28? Ohh well! 


3 comments:

  1. The TSH normally varies (this is why more then 1 test is needed to diagnose thyroid condition). Also, the testing machine in the lab can be off by 5%.
    We saw few patients sent to the ultrasound lab because of the possible thyroid nodules and their ultrasoundscame out perfectly normal, (which means the doctors do not have skills to palpate thyroids but doing a good job of scaring the patients!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have been doing a great job scaring me :) I guess they want to "keep an eye on it".. Glad everything is okay though, such a relief! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete