Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Winter Vacation Updates

My winter vacation has been wonderful so far! I can't say enough how great it is to be back in Las Vegas, and with family. For me classes start back up on the 3rd of January, which is a day I also have a huge test! So I've spent a lot of time in my bedroom studying. I would post more, but really nothing too eventful has happened... Anxiety hasn't been much of an issue for me thus far (ha once I got off the flight!), I do still get those little bouts of nervousness when I realize how long I've been anxiety free, but that normally happens anytime I'm anxiety free for too long.

I guess one time that really sticks out for me was visiting a friends house. I went over there to say hi to he and his sisters, his mom wasn't home and the girls suggested I wait a little while for her to get home so she could say hi! Up until that point I forgot about anxiety, I had no anxiety going over there, but when it came to having to wait there for her and her husband to get home I suddenly wanted out of the situation and felt trapped! Silly, I know! Nothing big came of it, and the feeling eventually went away. I wonder why I didn't feel anxious when the greeting was on my own terms? But suddenly when I wasn't "in control" of the situation the anxiety kicked in, this is a pattern I see a lot!

While I've been in Las Vegas I had a chance to visit one of my favorite stores- "Herbally Grounded" This is a store I absolutely LOVE! I went shopping and bought quite a few new herbs/vitamins/products that are supposed to be helpful for those suffering with anxiety/panic disorder and some I already love- Hopefully in one of these next posts I'll be able to share some of them! :)

2 comments:

  1. I know that feeling of being trapped into a situation for a while...

    What herbs are you using? I love alternative remedies so eager to see whether they help you out with anxiety:)
    ______________________________
    http://ains-leigh.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought quite a few different herbal remedies, some don't go together well, so I thought I'd give them all a try over the course of the year? Hoping I'll find one that works for me! I'll definitely try to remember to post about the new ones I'm trying out along with dosage.. I made a list of some beneficial herbs in a new post too! :)

    And yes! I hate hate hate being trapped in a situation, just feeling like I'm locked in immediately makes me want out! lol!

    ReplyDelete